Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class Info:
- Class fee is $50.00
- 4 hour class (approximate)
- Weapon familiarity course certified by BCI
Are you eligible for a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit?
- Must be 21 years of age to acquire a permit
- Denial * Suspension * Revocation
- Pass a criminal background check (proof of good character)
What to bring with you to your class:
- Valid Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
- Notepad for taking notes
- Pen - BLACK INK!
- Payment for class. We accept:
- Cash (preferred)
- Credit Cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- Money Order or Cashier's Check (made out to Circle M Brand, LLC)
What we will provide for you:
- Application for Utah Concealed Firearm Permit
- Presentation outline
- Considerable Guidelines (Denial * Suspension * Revocation)
- Light refreshments
Additions (we can provide or you can get on your own):
- Fingerprints (additional $10)
- Photograph - 2x2 color passport quality
(We do not currently offer this. It will have to be acquired on your own.)
What to do after you have completed your class:
- Mail your signed and completed application (in black ink) to:
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 West 5400 South
Taylorsville, UT 84129
(Office hours: M-F, 8am-5pm)
- mail in a 9x12 sized envelope.
- Documents and material that must accompany your application:
- Photocopy of your Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
- 1 Fingerprint Card (blue & white)
- completed in Black Ink.
- Recent Color Photograph of passport quality (2x2)
- no hats or sunglasses.
- applicant name must be printed on the back of the photo.
- Check or Money Order payable to: Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification
- $41.00 for Utah Residents & $51.00 for Non-Residents (fee is non-refundable).
- Visa, Mastercard, and Cash also accepted – don’t mail cash.
- Non-Resident Proof of Permit (photocopy of resident state’s permit if applicable)
- If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit. If your state does not recognize the Utah permit this does not apply. Click here to view a list of reciprocal states.
- BCI must receive your application within one year from the date the course was completed!
- Course Survey with the BCI (click here)
- Survey Questions - Adobe PDF (click here)
- Survey Questions - Microsoft Word (click here)
Permits are valid for a period of 5 years!
What can you do with your permit?
- Legally carry a firearm fully loaded
- Legally carry a firearm concealed
- Avoid the $7.50 fee for a background check when purchasing firearms (Utah residents only)